Sunday, October 29, 2006

BOOKCLUB: My review ~ Past Secrets by Cathy Kelly

Well I have just put down the book and I liked it. It was a nice book and not a heavy on the mind either, when I first read the description I was a bit worried that it would be a bit of a girly book, but although it was about the 4 lives of 4 different woman, they all had something in common and that was that they had secrets in their pasts.
No Desparate Housewife secrets, like dead bodies buried under the pool sort of secrets, but secrets that had held them back from living their lives or having the lives that they dreamed about. Once the secrets were shared, they needed to be confronted and each charactor grew from it so it had a very positive ending. I like the way that Cathy Kelly writes, it is in the same ways and expressions that Monica McInerney writes, maybe it is an Irish thing as both autors are Irish, but what ever it is i think I would be happy to read another one of her books. Past Secrets gets a happy face from me.

My dear sister has suggested a few books to me, so I will be off to the library tomorrow to return my book and seek out my next book. Am still waiting on my reserved book but was told that it will be a long wait for it.

No comments: