Friday, October 27, 2006

Bike riding is enough

Okay I guess I was in one of my states last Saturday where I felt trapped in the house and the clouds of sanity surfaced and made me realise that the bike trailer would not have been a good idea.

Firstly, I went for a huge 1 hr bike ride today just with little man in the baby seat that is at the bake of my bike. I decided that I was so fit and healthy that I could tackle a new bike track that I knew was 90% up hill on the way back, I forgot that after 40 minutes of standard riding that I would be tired and that I had a 15 kilo child weighing me down. So needless to say I never made it up the hill on the bike, my heart was beating right off the ricketier scale on my HRM and I was starting to believe that I couldn't get enough oxygen in me quickly enough.

I could hardly even keep the bike steady as I walked it up the hill, I was walking like someone who had been trapped out in the desert with no water, dragging my legs in odd steps, but I did make it to the top and I got back on that bike and I headed home. But this did make me realise, how in the world could I tow a trailer with 2 boys in it, 2 boys with a total weight of 35 kilo's plus the weight of the trailer! I can't and doubt that I ever will!

So what at the plans now? Big little man is off to school next year and little man is off to pre-school for 2 days, so that means I can just continue to take little man or go on my own, I'm sure you can guess the option I am veering too! When little man is a bit older and stronger I shall consider a tag along, then at least he can pedal too, whether he can keep up is a whole other story.

No comments: