Sunday, October 29, 2006

Body for life

The man has decided it is time to get fit and lose a bit of his bulk, he isn't a big man but there is muscle under there so some toning would benifit him. He has decided to do it via the Body for Life program. A friend of his is doing this and has turn very buff and obviously inspired my man.

I don't mind him following programs, but these programs seem to cost a small fortune, the protein powder cost $85 for a tiny 18 serves! The book cost $50 and I'm sure he is going to want to by weights as the program is very targeted to weight training. I wouldn't mind some weights myself but this time of year is just the wrong time of year. Christmas is always a killer in this house with money, then in January both car's have rego and fees due. It literally takes us till March to get back on track with our cash and next year big little man is off to school, so there is more cost!

Found out today that my niece (on the mans side) is pregnant. She is 17 and it was sort of expected that she would fall pregnant at a young age, that sounds really terrible, but her life choices were leading to becoming a doctor if you get my drift. I'm not shocked and feel that she may excel at being a mother, I hope the father-to-be is there to support her. MIL says that her granddaughter is same as her daughter, well the apple certainly didn't fall far from that tree did it as she did have her first child at 16yr too.

Oh well cest la vie as long as it's not mine!

No comments: