Friday, November 03, 2006

Happy Birthday to me


And so another year has come and gone and I'm another year older, bugger it why does it just feel like every other day, well I guess simply it is just another day!

The kids don't have a clue it's my birthday and as the man went off to work at the crack of dawn and he didn't have the chance to make them give me hugs and kisses which I would have liked. Talking of the man, I had to remind him that it was birthday yesterday, because I'd still love a card, some effort would be nice. I think that birthdays are meant to be special, to show that person that your happy that they lived another year with you and that your ready for another year with them. Am I being pathetic?

I did get a gift, but I bought it myself about a month ago, still would have been nice to get something when I woke, I always put in the effort for him and the kids. Hang silly banners, leave cards on the table and silly messages. Oh well, ho hum, what can I do?

The man's mum gave me some money so I'm going to buy a cute handbag that I've had my eye on but didn't want to spend the my own money on and get myself a new diary. I'm re-thinking the diary as I use you (my lovely blogger) but it's not the same is it, I like to look back on my old hand written diary's every once in a while, proves to me that my life does move forward and that I do do things. My hand written diary's may come in handy if I ever get Alzheimer's or if I die and my kids can read them and know what their mother was like, although all they will find out is how annoyed I get with them most days, oh my I'm getting depressing!

Oh well, Happy Birthday to me!

No comments: