Friday, November 17, 2006

BOOKCLUB Blog: Across the Nightingale Floor by Lian Hearn

Firstly I am sort of reading 2 books at the same time, I'm not saying The book of Flying was slow or boring, I just started to read the book that my sister mentioned Across the Nightingale Floor by Lian Hearn which sucked me in and I just couldn't put it down. I can't even describe what makes this book interesting, it is the story of Japanese clans from days gone by, where women were delicate and serene and men were warriors, villans and hero's. It is a 4 part book, and I have just collected the next title in the series, but I shall wait and finish the first book I borrowed, after all I am a fair reader. I'll also wait to report on it once I read al the books or maybe before i start the 3rd in the series I have also borrowed "Raising Boys by Steve Biddulph" in a vain hope to see if i help my boys become happy and well-balanced men, just as the subtitle states.

No comments: