Thursday, November 30, 2006

Peace

Well it's well over a week since I've had a real chance to blog, it was so nice to have my parents here with me and spending time with the kids, but at the same time it is nice to have the house to myself again.

I have to praise my mother, she is a true hero. I have don't know where she finds the patience to deal with my dad but I am amazed as I would have just lost the plot if I were in her boots. Since dad's illness he talks incessantly, never shuts up and is always correct. He argues about everything and is so defensive you just have to look at him and he thinks that you want to fight with him. The kids loved him though, they never saw too much of that adult goings on and maybe that is why the innocence of childhood is so valuable. They simply just loved their grand dad and he had no faults.

Big Little Man has been moving onto his grown up world with his orientations at his new big school, he seems very excited and I am so glad that I signed him up to LA as the 2 boys he knows there are also going to the same school, he told me that his "friends" were going to go to school with him and that he was very happy, nothing more could have pleased me that day.

Little Man is also turning into a big boy, today he went off to pre-school for the first time and they said he was a real champ. Some how he managed to have a yoghurt fight with his brother, but hey they are my boys after all, who ever said they would behave in the care of others!

As for myself, my mothers lovely home cooking has seen 2 kilo's creep back onto my bottom, so now I'm attempting and failing but getting back up again to lose the extra weight but also go back to my healthier ways. It's amazing how quickly you can let things go and how hard it seems to get back on track. Hopefully I am back there by Christmas, although it shouldn't matter to much as we aren't really doing anything anyway.

Well, boring as I am, that's it, nothing more to say!