Saturday, June 16, 2007

The drawing in my new header


I actually got the idea to change my header after reading a comment in Rainbows blog. I searched the net for awhile but couldn't anything that would describe me and then I decided to use a drawing that I drew myself during my late teens, when I was at university.

I thought I would share the meaning of this drawing. At that time in my life I felt really alone and enclosed in a world I didn't want to be apart of, it was a place where I felt cold and naked. The crow in the picture was the "Night Raven", a fictional bird that I linked myself to in poetry, it's place in the drawing was that although dark and harsh as ravens/crows may seem, it had the ability to be free of this enclosed room through the only window available. I pinned up the picture in my room and not long after, and maybe a combination of meeting The Man, I released I was never trapped by the world but by myself, once I let go off those feelings I was a new person and it is who I am today.

I never kept any of the other pieces of art work I did except this one, I like to look back on it and now see the shell I left behind and that I am as free as my heart wills. I'm still boring but I can be exciting like one of those playground things that makes you go round and round till your hysterically dizzy and just want to do it again.

But I am the Boring SAHM so to end...I knitted a whole ball of yarn on my 4 year old scarf, it's half done now!

5 comments:

lychee said...

In no way are you boring! Beautiful drawing and I like that it has so much meaning behind it and especially because it's yours.

I've seen a new side of you SAHM, I would of never pictured you to be in such a dark period - you seem so happy all the time. Glad to see you're behind all that and you're happy in your life :)

lychee said...

Oh and I just noticed you posted my blog under blogs you read - why thank you :)

boringsahm said...

I love your blog Lychee, it was one of my first to read and always a favourite!

lychee said...

Oh and i just read that your favourite movies is "Anne of Green Gables" - that was one of my favourites growing up. I watched it over and over and over again - lol!

abc said...

I am gobsmacked. That is an amazing drawing - what a talent. Your explanation makes me sad to think of yourself so alone as a teen. But the realisation about yourself is inspiring. I love the look of your blog. It looks really professional. You are the not so boring and very talented SAHM! Yay!