Friday, June 15, 2007

And so a year has past


As of yesterday I have successfully maintained my weight loss for 12 months. I'm actually 800g heavier then I was 12 moths ago but I think that still classifies as maintaining. I would like to see me lose the extra 2 kilo's I put on thanks to my holidays, but I know if I just put in some effort it will go. I read that 98% of people who lose a significant amount of weight will put all but 5% of it back on, so I'm chuffed that I'm in the 2% of non-gainers

It has been so damn cold lately I have decided that it was time to finish the scarf I started knitting in 2003, it's always been a work in progress but I will finish it! If I don't finish it, the wool that I'm using will go out of fashion, it's a wonder it already hasn't!

I'm boring today, I shall bead and knit and drink tea and sit about enjoying the peace that I have been given today as all the men are at work or school.... yeah to me!

Update: 3.45pm -
Well it seems although quite a boring day turned out to a little productive. My lovely friend Rainbow sent me a copy of her Creative Beading magazine a few weeks back, when I pulled it out of the envelope I went "aweeee" (yes I actually did!) at the beautiful bracelet that was on the cover (picture on your right), I knew at once I wanted to make one just like it. So off I went to my local crappy beading outlets and as usual I could not find anything I really liked but settled on some very beachy shell pieces in one colour and decided to make just a simple version of it.

Today I was going to just eye pin all the beads and do the rest another time, but I was too curious to see how it would turn out and whipped it up in an hour. I really assumed it would be super easy, which it sort of was, but it was rather fiddley and my long finger nails didn't help. I think I like it. It's more of a summer piece with my little thong, shell and starfish charms and I wanted to ask one of Little Man's preschool teachers their opinion as I was still undecided, but I chicken out. It looks much nicer on then in this picture (even though it is ON in that picture). How do they make them so glamourous in magazines...

Update: 6.53pm- New picture of bracelet:


As for the knitting of the 4 year old scarf...umm did 2 lines.

3 comments:

Scooter said...

I really like the blog header. Not boring at all.

boringsahm said...

Thank you, just shows I have to much time on my hands!

abc said...

Hey! I missed this!!!! Ilove the bracelet! Well Done! You did good - rooly good mate LOL! Its fun isn't it?