Monday, June 11, 2007

The Man-in-laws

Yesterday was the great BIL2 40th birthday, all went really well and I think that everyone enjoyed themselves. I progressively drank an entire bottle of red wine on my own, yes 750mls of Merlot down the hatch would make any situation look good! But there always has to be one thing that has to spoil the day.

I'm not sure if I shared the time I had a disagreement with my BIL4, we shall call him "Nean" after Neanderthal because his not far removed from this species of man. I even think he looks like one. Well, Nean came over 12 months ago for a hair cut and to collect some discs from The Man did for him, The Man was sleeping as he was in between night shifts so Nean had no one else to talk to but myself, poor me! Without getting into to much detail, he started a conversation where only his opinion was correct, he progressively upset me and as I was expecting Fella (my best girl) coming from Melbourne at any moment, so I asked him to leave, yes I was a little rude but at that point I was holding onto my rage with everything I had in me. He then said something about respect and went and to dob (yes like a 5yr old) to The Man. Big girl as I am, I stood in front of the bedroom door and said that it was an issue between he and I and to leave The Man out of it, in which he SHOVED me out of the way, scream and woke The Man and then left.

Now I admit I was rude but he started the argument and kept pushing it when I asked him to stop and as I live a simple life when the walls are crashing in, you get out. He was in my home, he had to go. So after a month of being told off by The Man to "learn to shut your mouth" and then being ostracised by the in-laws as they took Nean's side ("Oh poor me mummy, the 58 kilo bitch threw me (110 kilo), a grown man out of her house! I am the victim, whoo is me!!" Note: we never explained or shared our side of the story, if the in-laws found out it was all Nean. I let it go, no point fighting a dead battle, but oh no, he just can't let it go can he, such a big grown man he is. He couldn't, after 1 whole year, 12 months, 365 days, he couldn't let go of his anal attitude to come over and celebrate his older brothers birthday because it was at my house and although he had been invited (thus meaning, I never said he was never allowed back and had let sleeping dogs lie - I'm so full of analogies today!) he didn't come, his reason to the birthday boy...I feel uncomfortable at that house.

Oh I just hate putting in effort to feel like crap, I'm simple, I'm an optimist and this sort of crud is beyond me as life is too short. My family would have got over something like this in less then a week, my friends would have got over it with a phone call, but not Nean - what a dick!

I just want to rid it all, for a while there The Man was so disgusted with his own family we were ready to pack up and move 800km north and far far away from them all, but I said no, things will settle...who was I kidding. Now Nean's son#1 is having his Holy Communion (these people are not "Catholic"/Christian in any way) in 2 weeks. The Man wants to boycott, I want to be bigger and better and prove that I have a spine that stands straight and do not feel uncomfortable in his presence, which is the truth, but then again I just couldn't be bothered, if he doesn't want us in his life, so be it...you win Nean, I never wanted you in my life you just came part of the marriage deal and if The Man is ready to forget you, so can I.

Nean....who????

1 comment:

lychee said...

Good on you - you sound like you're taking the right approach.

How bad was it of him to push you - tsk tsk!