Thursday, April 19, 2007

Beading - I'm addicted

I'm driving everyone crazy in the house but I'm completely hooked on beading at the moment. I haven't made to much more but I have done nothing but search the web for patterns and designs, prices and beads to inspire me. My head is filling with idea's and dreams of beads and I insisted to the point of being forceful that we NEEDED to go the bead store today and so we did.

Oh, some of the most gorgeous beads are also some of the most expensive, but if you make quality it is all worth it.

I found a great forum with lot's of idea's and tips, I'm not going to join it but just scan it for all the idea's other share:
Bead and Button

I found this on ebay, I hope to have enough talent to make one and if I can I know my mother would adore one of these:


And I have one word for this piece - beautiful

3 comments:

Scooter said...

My wife is into beading, mostly simple bracelets. But I convince her to make them for women at work now and then so there aren't 500 bracelets all over the house.

Little strange to hand a coworker a bracelet and say, "Hey...I noticed you wear a lot of bracelets - it's always nice to get one as a present...and thanks for helping me with that project." But it goes over much better than one would expect.

boringsahm said...

Oh that is so sweet of you, I knew there were some men out in this world that were still soft and gooey on the insides!

I don't have many pieces of bead jewellery in the house at the moment as I keep giving it away, I'll have a problem when people start saying "no thank you"

abc said...

LOL I'm addicted too!!!! YAY!!
My husband just rolls his eyes but he says he likes it beer than my African drumming hobby because its quieter LOL! True enough! Now I know why I can;t knit - I was meant to bead!! I like the picytures you posted - just beautiful. Thanks for the link to the beading forum - I'll check it out.