Friday, August 24, 2007

Newtons 3rd Law?

"For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction."

Okay so it is a law of motion, but it seems to working on my body at the moment. As you are all aware I have taken up higher levels of cardio in an effort to shift my winter weight gain, but I haven't seen a gram loss at all although clothes feel slightly looser. It is all well and good that my clothes are looser but I would rather retain muscle and have a gram loss then lose muscle and retain fat. But I may be gaining muscle and losing fat at an equal rate, thus Newton law is working.

Newton's 3rd law is also working during a recent shopping outing, thanks to the onset of spring/summer season all the winter wear is reduced and how could I pass up $10 jeans (quality jeans too!) so I grab my usual size 10 and they don't fit, not tight but slipping off my hips. I could manage an 8 but came home with a size 9, hippsters I might add and no muffin top = extremely happy.

Then I went off to purchase some new underwear, bra's specifically, and wouldn't you know it, I am also no longer my usual size. Yes, I've dropped a cup size, now this isn't good, not happy, I'm starting to have the chest of a pubescent girl not that of a woman! = extremely disappointed.

So how do I think Newton's law is working here?: For every action there is an equalSize 9 Jeans, extremely happy and opposite reactionTeeny Tiny Bra, extremely disappointed.

The Man seems to also be suffering from Newton's 1st Law: "Every object in a state of uniform motion tends to remain in that state of motion unless an external force is applied to it." thus being extremely disappointed at teeny tiny bra of wife's ever reducing boobs.

No comments: