Monday, August 06, 2007

100th post

Well who would have guessed that I would still be blogging? I always assumed I have nothing at all to say and I guess I don't but ramble on anyway.

Anyway today sees 4 weeks till Spring and I need to reclaim my fitness self or spiral back into flabby rolls of fat. I never liked the fat so I guess I will have to step up to the fitness. although I have given up my hope on a bike trailer I still want one but shall ride my bike and teach Little Man to ride his with more confidence and jog behind him. I have high hopes as I can foresee that I will be either walking behind him or pushing him a lot.

My plan of action is to firstly kill my addiction to coconut drops/macaroon, they are the most luscious cookie/biscuit I have ever eaten and when they are purchased they are easily (much to easily) devoured in seconds. I have no self control when they are in the room, they have powers I can not control.

Plan of action #2 is to exercise more then once a week- self explanatory

That's it as I really do feel I eat healthy all other times, my alcohol consumption is average and as they say a glass of red wine is good for the heart, so why deny my heart these health benefits.

Now my last task is what to do with the huge tax refund I got, a whooping $89. I want mid calf black boots but as winter is ending they will just live in a box for 2 season's till next Autumn so that's stupid really. $89 wont buy a wheel on a bike trailer or a pulse on a new HRM. Have seen a cheap Navman X300 which is a device that "incorporates (GPS) technology to provide information about the users performance via satellite. This includes distance travelled, cumulative altitude, speed, lap distance, lap time and a lot more! A stylish triangular-shaped unit, the Sport.Tool X300 boasts a fabric strap for fitting comfortably on to the upper arm, while an easy-to-read personal display gives the user performance statistics at a glance" for $69.99.

Check out my Eastside Gangster:

6 comments:

Coco said...

wow. Looks cool. But I still don't understand what it does?

boringsahm said...

Hey Coco, it is a little GPS so it can accurately calculate distance, time and speed. Good for working out those details if you like to walk, run and ride. It's really a super flash pedometer cross cycle computer.

abc said...

Like Coco said - it confused me too. Sounded like something for a car, but not. SO I thought it must be for cyclists. So its for walking too? Oh here I go getting interested. I have a friggin great HRM. I must be a gadget freak

abc said...

Oh and your littlegangster is SO scary (and oh so adorable!)

boringsahm said...

I have a HRM too! But this will calculate speed and distance, so it can tell you that you are walking 6.5km/h or what I intend to do is for it to help me reach my goal of running 8km/h outdoors. I can achieve this indoor but fail on real ground, but then again I'm not sure, I may run at 8km/h but it feels slow, with the Navman it will tell 100%. DSE are selling them cheap cheap, Rebel want $240 for there running one Navman R300. The X300 stands for X training.

boringsahm said...

Sorry, the X stands for cross training.