Thursday, August 23, 2007

I can run outdoors too!

For a couple of weeks now i have been working out on the treadmill to improve my endurance and running. It was slow going, thanks to the fact that I only every had the urge to exercise once a week, but I would get bored and just jump off the treadmill. But plod on I did and have been successfully running for a minimum 20 minutes at 8km/h.

As the ran eased up and no kids to watch over, I strapped on my new Navman and hit the streets. It was a lot harder then running on the treadmill but it felt great and I actually noted that I was running naturally at a pace of 8.6-9.2km/h with my highest speed at 11km/h. I didn't take the easy path all the way but added hills and even a bit of a sprint at the end and was very impressed with myself.

Yeah to me, I can run!

1 comment:

Mel. said...

Congratulations jo on your running. Thats great.