Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Bit of this, bit of that...

Not much going on these days so it's a bit of this and that blog.

I did buy my Navman X300 though and it looks totally cool, but I can't give you a real review because as soon as I bought it we have had nothing but rain and as the thing only works outside it has sat in it's box since day 1. I used that first afternoon with a quick walk to the shops across the road, it informed me that I walk at a speed of 6.2km/h and that the shops across the road is 300m away. Can't wait to use it for a run or bike ride.

Getting slightly sick of forums/message boards lately. I used to love them and would waste so much time there. It started many many years ago with a baby forum when I needed some advice with Little Man, the girls there were really nice and chatted about all sorts of things, but then as my son grew older and everyone on there had more kids I felt left out. At around the same time I decided it was time to shift all this weight I had and joined a site I had used the past. This site never had a huge forum community then so I assumed the same and never used the forums much in the beginning, but then my weight loss stalled so I jumped right in and it's been a real friend link for 2 years. But I just feel I have nothing to offer anymore, I find the posts from new members annoying and I love my old mates but have nothing to say, as we all know here my life is so boring! Maybe I shall blog more even though I have nothing to say.

Big Little Man has become a bionicle freak and we have been watching the movie, scanning ebay to see if we can buy the next 2 instalments. YouTube has been a saviour with it's little short movies of them and after an entire day of web reading, I can now download them and burn them to a disc so he can watch them on the DVD. Thanks to these YouTube clips we have now been trying to find all the songs from them and now my 6 year old is listening to Linkin Park and Korn. I have even taken time to read the Bionicle History in wikipedia. I'm not sure what light it shed on me and I followed links and end up at a page which left me in some fantasy place that obviously only 6-9yr old boys can understand. I did scream "knew it" when it stated the names of the Bionicles are Mauri based as I have been having this argument with The man for some time - I'm so cluey I should never doubted myself.

Here is a little clip from YouTube for your Bionicle enjoyment:

No comments: