Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Thank you Scooter!



It is such a shame that here in Australia it is so hard to get Burley bicycle trailers, I would absolutely love to get the top of the line Burley d'lite but at $950AU and in another state (so extra with postage) it is completely out of my league. I was hoping on grabbing an ebay bargain in a Burley Bee from the USA but it's reviews are questionable - thank you Scooter , that if I had trouble with it it would be very hard to replace all the way on the side of the world.

I think I have convinced the The Man to buy me the most reasonable one I can find here in OZ The Croozer but still around the $500AU mark. I have to be realistic and know that I will only use it for another 1.5yrs as Little man will be 5 then and off to school and then I can ride on my own again. But The man said that maybe I could put the dog in it after the kids have out grown it and ride him to a big park for a good off the leash run, I like that idea.

So thank you again Scooter, I think it's best to stick with what's at home just in case I have troubles and need to return it etc and I think I've found a new blog friend in your friend Lissyjo.

5 comments:

abc said...

hey that looks great and I like hubby's idea of putting the dog in it to ride to the park! That is really good. I actually have a lovely bicycle but I never ride it ebcause I feel guilty going out on it without the dogs! Insane how dogs run your life! I even got home earlier than usual tonight because I felt sorry for the dogs wiht the weather being so cold outside (they do have shelter from the rain for when they need it).

Scooter said...

Friend? Sister! My sister is a Korean adoptee who married an Aussie from the Bathurst area. That makes my niece...cute!

Good choice, especially if parts are hard to come by. Once your kid is out of the Burley, it's still useful for picnics, grocceries (if nearby), and once your son is older, he'll no doubt use it for carrying junk around. My friends and I used to pull my parents "bugger" (the big brand prior to Burley) around to collect cans, haul tools, younger siblings, etc. in our pre-car years.

boringsahm said...

Well there you go, I had no idea that she was your sister, I read a few posts but never clicked on the link of my "brother" so never guessed. What a lovely family you are!

Looks like no bike trailer for me, it is either so far over my budget here or so cheap it looks like a tank. Oh well, Little man will just have to learn how to ride his real bike and keep up with me.

Scooter said...

I've seen InSteps being used over here - but I just don't know much about them, but it looks as though the reviews vary quite a bit from model to model (http://www.bicycletrailers.com/Featured-Brands/InStep/index.cat). I'd be careful about researching the one I wanted to make sure it was one of the models people like (although I shouldn't talk - my bike had big issues even after I researched the heck out of it).

LissyJo said...

No comment on the name of the 1972 version of a burley that my parents had? None? Not even a giggle?