Thursday, July 26, 2007

Harry stopped my world


Last Saturday the last Harry Potter book was released and I grabbed my copy with many other fans as soon as the store was open. I didn't have a chance to read it that day as it was Big Little Man's 6th birthday, but I did manage to sneak in the first few chapters during the wee hours of the night when The Man was on night shift and had to pry myself away from it at 2am to get some sleep. The rest of week found me with my nose in the book and all other duties left on the way side, everything literally ground to a slow grind whilst I tried to read.

I'm not a book spoiler so I will not give away any of the story but my review is positive. Of course I am slightly impartial to the Harry Potter books having been sucked in many many years ago and although it was quite a slow start, J.K Rawlings created a great book with the ending that warranted all 7 books. I'm currently reading the first book to Big Little Man and he is really enjoying and I'm finding it nice to go back to the beginning too.

The book is on the shelf with it's previous parts and now life can return to it's boring self again.

Here are some pictures from Big Little Man's numerous birthdays (3 days worth), with the finale at Hungry Jacks with his school friends.




2 comments:

abc said...

Thats the cover I would choose. I am rereading the previous book so in no hurry for the new one. Though I admit I am tempted from time to time. ut I have so little time to read - I only get to about 2 pages when I fall asleep as this new job really takes a fair bit out of me mentally during the day. Its so nice to know there is a great book I know I will enjoy out there. But I will try to be patient. I love the birthday pics, but my favourit is the brothers together to the side of your blog and then the deaf dog and master cat! Those are three awesome pics! Have a great weekend!

PTW said...

Little Man looks really pleased with himself.

Thanks for not spoiling the book. I started the series years after it began its existence, and have not read the latest ones until I could walk into the library and take them from the shelf, but this time a client read the latest in two days and then lent me her copy. I'm only on chapter 2, but I'm looking forward to finding out how it all ends.