Thursday, July 19, 2007

I give up :(

For 4 days I have trekked all over Sydney to find a decent bike trailer and they simply do not exist for under $650. I was willing to go as high as $500 but this is not even enough and people obviously love them to bits as I can not even find any 2nd hand. Most of the bike retailers were really nice and 80% didn't even stock them as "they are just not popular enough". One retailer told me that Sydney was simply to dangerous and you would not want to risk your child as there were not enough dedicated bike paths and sadly he is right.

So I have given up my quest of the trailer, The Man sees my disappointment and was happy to see if we could import one from overseas but it would not be worth it. He is trying to cheer me up with the offer of a new iMac, it's seems to be working. But I would love a trailer, so if your reading my blog and would like to donate $650AU my way, I'd love you forever!

3 comments:

abc said...

Don't give up! No way! You are only $150 off it. How soon do you want it? Maybe you could sell some stuff on ebay that you are not using... or like we have 'The Trading Post'. Do you have any furniture you are not using? Any books you are not reading, any dclothes you are not wearing? Do you have any appliances that are just sitting around gathering dust? an old chair that someone might want to do up? Some old electronic games that are not being used? Some magizaines in a big pile that are worth anything? What about a stack of old cd's or games you could sell? $150 is only 3 lots of $50. You can do it. You CAN do it. YOU can do it LOL!!!!!

boringsahm said...

LOL Rainbow...I think you want it more then me!

Anonymous said...

I think she does too! It is a good idea though for getting some extra cash.