Thursday, May 10, 2007

Money Sux

Money is truly the root of all evil. I wonder if rich people say that?

Today I was clearing the finances and although we have plenty for all the day to day things, we are broke when it comes to frivolous things such as the need for a new camera. But this afternoon The Man called from work and said that his Old Man had the cash he owed us from way back when, Whoo Hoo I thought and just assumed that The Man would spend it on me for Mother's Day and get me my new camera, but oh no I was smack down with the bat of harsh reality's and reminded that the electricity bill was more important.

Hmmm don't get me wrong, I agree that the bills are important, but this cash was lent months ago, we sort of gave up that we would ever see it's return and we living financially on that basis, so to me, this cash was a bonus and the electricity bill would have been paid in the same old ways as normal. When I shed this obviously very dim light on The Man, he said "don't start, you really shit me when you go on like this..."errrr

But why was it okay that he just up and went and bought a Still? Because he works and earns the cash? He says it's because it will be something with a by-product that we will use - arrr derrr - what is the by-product of the camera? Memories!

humf, just venting, I know I won't succeed but damn it, I would be letting every woman of the world down if I don't try and twist myself around his little finger, it is how we rule the world you know. Let men think they make all the decision when it's really us women who manipulate them in doing what we want.

So because there are no "major" event's happening in the near future, I have wait till before Big Man turn's 6 before I will have a new camera...so be it, I will have to bore you all with my old photo's.


This is me as a toddler, see, captured memories.

And thanks to you all for your comments, I love them, you make me feel like those nice quiet moments when life seems just right.

3 comments:

Mel. said...

Oh I so agree money suxes big time. I've just been sorting mine out and OMG is all I can say.

abc said...

You know what? Men are just dickheads half the time. sometimes I wonder why we put up with them. Its bloody hard when the man earns the money. Its hard anyway, but especially hard sometimes. I went through that and hated it so much I was determined to become financially independent. My strat was to earn the same as him. Then I earned more than him. Then he earned more then me. Then I let him make the decisions on what we spent on. Big mistake. He spent it on cars and other fast things to make cars and bikes go faster or look cool. so we had no savings, no home of our own. I reached 40 and said 'Thats it'. I'm playing my own money game and God help you if you get in my way. I am going to earn money and I will do with it what I please. I will save for a house and I will buy a house wherever I feel like buying a house, and you will be welcome to live in it with me. (History behind that is he always wanted an expensive house close the city - ergo we never could friggin afford it). So yes, I can be the bithc from hell. I am very determined and I am fiesty sometimes. But I will live the life I want. I reckon you should start your own beading store. I have something for you on that - I just need your email address. You could PM that to me and I'll send you some PDF's you might just find awesome. wHat ever happens, you have a lovely Mother's Day. Oh and hey - check this out http://www.craigharper.com.

Coco said...

Yep. I agree Money sux. I have always been crap with money. No matter how much I earn it's never enough for my lifestyle.

Hey.. you are so creative and talent... why don't you earn your own money on the side. Like you beading? You could sell it to friends or on ebay. Ok. So it probably won't change your life financially but at least then you'd have a bit of money to spend on yourself.

I could be your first customer. I'm always after cool pink, black or pretty earrings.