Saturday, January 10, 2009

My son's friends mothers P me off!

Now am I meant to be friends with the parents of my children's friends? I wouldn't think it absolutely necessary, yes it's good to know them, but no rule that we had to be buddies.

The kids are on school holidays, I try and catch up with a lot of people of various friendships, people I've grown up with, old school friends, playgroup friends, work friends etc etc... but this one woman seems to get very offended when she asks me out, well not me specifically, my son, and I have other plans made with other people.

So yesterday we are headed to my younger son's friend house, she calls and I say we are busy, she tells me that Big Little Man doesn't need to go as it's Little Man's friend, but I explain that he knows the older brother (as they went to the same Pre-school and playgroup) and that they are expecting 3 of us, not 2. I apologise and say next time, she say's, no worries.

Today Big Little Man asks if I can txt TK (his initials and who I will refer to as "that kid") to see if he is free, we can go there or he can come over. His mum says, TK is at another friends (which Big Little Man goes to school with too) and "Too Bad" - really that's just rude, well I think so.

So "Too Bad" TK we are no longer available the rest of the holidays - yes rather bitter, but that is my feeling right now.

BTW: we ran away after Christmas to QLD for a quick holiday, it was great and I wish I was back there! Will post some photo's later.

No comments: