Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Facebook v Blogger

After reading's Nod's Blog post about Facebook Reflections it made me have a few of my own.

I like them both but find them very different. One huge factor is this blog is mine and very private, I only share it with people I know who would truly understand why I have it (so about 2 people) and to those of the WWW who I don't have a physical link with (although I do feel that I have made some very nice personal links with people I would not know if I didn't have my blog).

Face book is a wonderful friend connector, I do use it quite a bit but in rather flash moments, post my status, scan others status, posts some pic's. I don't think I have lost any face to face time, but may have actually gained a few extra's as I caught up with school friends that were only memories. It was a wonderful tool to re-connect in this way and now we just keep in contact the old fashion way.

Maybe if Blogger prompted my status you would all find more random bits and pieces on me like those that I left on facebook:

"?? is a big loser at bingo but enjoyed the company!"

"?? had a wonderful day at the beach."

"?? is considering upgrading her imac.... hmmm."

"?? house is already 40°c as she is baking a cake - HB to The Man!"

"?? & the boys had a wonderful day in the Blue Mountains"

But again, I come here when I have something to say or need to get something off my chest I feel I cant share with others, for a good bitch and a yarn... it's my online journal, and I like it!

I also don't like how some people share a little extra personal info then they generally would, like Nod's friends divorce or today, my friends announcement that her Grandmother died. I don't think I would have ever needed to know that as we are friends but not that close (like I wouldn't be told about the funeral details to attend etc) but I felt obliged to post my condolences just because I now knew about her loss.

So I'm still hanging out here, sorry people, the boring blogs will be here for the long run!

No comments: