Saturday, August 30, 2008

New Tales of the Otori!

In 2007 my then 15 year old nephew recommended a book that he was reading that he thought I would like, and I did! They were initially consisted of a trilogy: Across the Nightingale Floor (2002), Grass for His Pillow (2003), and Brilliance of the Moon (2004). A fourth book was written The Harsh Cry of the Heron, and today I found out that a 5th title, a prequel was released, Heaven's Net is Wide all by Lian Hearn


I have reserved it from the library and can't wait to read it, I really enjoyed all 4 books and they are still very clear in my mind. I'm not sure how having a prequel will work after 4 title's but I guess it sort of worked for the Star wars movies, but then again the books were there first.

I have just finished reading "Escape" by Carolyn Jessop and shall review it tomorrow - amazing autobiography of a woman who escape a life as a Fundamentalist Latter Day Saint and it's polygamy relationships.

No comments: