Tuesday, August 26, 2008

(Almost a) New Season, time for new me

So I have changed the name of my old health blog, as it was a dismal failure trying to achieve 10 things, shocking I know! And well it's time for an health attitude adjustment.  I know I've talked about it and did a few thing sporadically but now is the time to get really into action, here's why:

1. The warmer season is about to start, time to shed the winter woolies and bare skin - arrrrr currently winter has produced far to man woddly & saggy bits to allow any skin to show.
2. My mother has challenge me to a 5 week "strip the fat" so that we can get a head start and get back into some loved clothing. I sadly had to go get a larger pair of jean as my previous "goal"pair were too wear, I could squeeze into them but trust me I could do much else in them!
3. The Man is constantly on my back about how I am throwing away all the hard work I did 2 years ago, he is right but I still want to hear it and it would be nice for him to stop reminding me of my laziness
4. My school is having a 20 year reunion next year but I am also catching up with my group friends in 6 weeks for a pre-reunion and it would be great to be at my best, as I feel when you feel good about yourself, it reflects in who you are - generally I'm more cheery.
5. I will be 35 this year and being healthy and fit makes me feel 25!

I have set myself some simple challenges I hope to increase week after week and am doing this with my diet buddy too. This week is: no more then 1 glass of wine per night and OMG it's going to hurt me, no more then 2 cups of coffee a day. Not to hard but enough to be considered a challenge.

My diet buddy is aiming to only have 2 caffeinated drinks per day - this I would fail as I love my tea and Coke zero and doesn't Hot Chocolate have some caffeine in it too?

Now I started on great high's, woke up at 5.50am and headed for a 5km walk, ate a wonderfully healthy breakfast and lunch. But then dinner arrived and my parents are about to leave for home (they have been on holidays for the last month) and so we al headed out for dinner to the local leagues club. I assumed that the roast dinner would be the best option (over Creamy mornay fish, crumbed chicken with sour cream and some orange looking  sauce, fish and chips etc.) but instead went for the nightly special of "Surf & Turf" and so I found myself eating a monster Rump steak drizzled (more like drowned) in garlic butter with veg and hot chips.

Oh well that was yesterday, no looking back. I got up again at 5.50am and headed for my 5km walk, no eating out tonight so I hope to do better food wise today. Have not checked in weight wise as it is TTOM today and my scales are never correct and flutuate so much in the days before and after, so WI will be Monday next week.

This is what my CK diary looked like:

I'll be trying to update this blog to keep me motivated and on track via emails, so sadly if anyone does read this your going to hear more of my ever boring sweaty SAHM talk now too!




No comments: