Wednesday, May 28, 2008

It's time to stop procrastinating

Yes, that is exactly what I have been doing since the last post, procrastinating and doing a wonderful job of it too!

But now I feel I really have to take things seriously or I will slip into my very bad habits and the weight that I gain will be permanent. At the end of next month it will also be the anniversary of losing my weight, so in general I try to be the same weight that I was in 2006, last year I did and I hope this year I can also.

I need to shift 4.6kilo's but a nice even 5 would be good as there is always an amount of bounce back.

I feel I need a goal, something to aim for. I lost weight not only because I wanted to but because my SIL and I made a joke to be "better looking then the bride" at an upcoming family wedding. She lost 15 kilo's and looked great but couldn't make it to the wedding, I shocked myself by loving exercise and good food and lost 20 kilo's.

Last year I was still rebounding off my initial loses and lost another 5 kilo's even though there was no goal to aim for. But this year I think I need something to strive for. I have tried to aim at being fitter or be a certain BF% but as it is so hard to calculate either I just fail. I mean I feel fit now even though I'm a heavier.

So what do I aim for?

Whilst thinking of that I decided to go and exercise, I FINALLY had a morning to myself and so after dropping the kids off to school and a decent breakfast, I hit the footpath and moved...and it felt great!

390cals burnt
9.3km's @ ave 6.5km/h (thanks to the navman)
1h 20m
1km of jogging @ 10.2km/h

Lot's of big hills to climb on the route I took, fingers are a bit club like at the moment but overall I'm happy.

No comments: