Sunday, January 07, 2007

The plan? what plan, oh that one...

Well what can I say other then the plan was working, I was a little tired but the kids and I really enjoyed our morning walks to feed the ducks, I think the ducks like it too. So what happened? This happened:
She is adorable, soft and cuddly and when she is with you and in the house, almost the perfect pet, but at night when you try and show how to sleep it is nothing but a whole lot of frustrated barking at that lovely high pitch puppy bark which after 6 nights is driving me mad.

Yes I did want a dog too, but not with the enthusiasm of everyone else in the house. Peppa was overpriced and after taking her to the vets she was unvaccinated and full of worms. We had to microchip her and then set her up with a total cost of $560. And after having toilet trained my sons I now have to do it all again...yuck! To think I will have to pick up doggy do do every day!
Once she gets her next injections I will be able to walk her, so at least w can both get something out of the pet experience, she does seem very clever and sit and stay (most of the time) when I tell her.

The first 5 nights I had to sleep on the lounge beside the dog crate so that she wouldn't bark her head off and keep everyone up, especially the nights that the man was working. When the Man work night shift, I refused to sleep on the lounge, I gave Peppa the benefit of doubt and stayed till she settled then creep out, but last night I thought it time she settled herself 10 weeks old or not, she has to learn as I don't want her in the house at night. I put her to bed at 9.45 pm and she barked solidly for nearly an hour then sleep well till 6am. I can handle 6am wake ups, good for when we do want to walk.

So in summery the plan is out the window, big little man still refuses to sleep at a normal time but does go to his room when I tell him too, so we are half way there. ow time to get him ready for school!

No comments: