Friday, January 19, 2007

Horrible Hosts

What makes a good host? Someone who makes you feel welcome and comfortable I would imagine.

This week we have spent most of it having visitors or being the visitor and yesterday we went to my cousin-in-laws house, she has always been the sort of person you can only take in small doses but her kids seem to get along with my boys so I thought it would be a good idea.

We came over early as the weather was meant to be quite hot that day and it is a long drive there, so when we got there the kids were watching TV at a volume that would be suitable in a movie theatre not a 4x4m room so a headache started to form quickly. My mistake that morning as we were running late was to exercise first then eat breakfast but all I managed was to do the exercise so I was really craving a cuppa and piece of tea cake (that I brought). Oh no, I sat there, chatted politely and then the kids wanted to swim, bugger that, if I had to sit outside and watch the kids swim (and I did bring my swimmers but she obviously had no intentions of going for a swim - and she needs too, IYKWIM!) So I asked her where the kettle was and made my own cup of tea.

She did make lunch, but no drink offered and all I drink is water and I was not prepared to go and get another myself so I just sat there. The kids decided to watch another movie at a deafening level and even Little Man said it was too loud, but it was not turned down. Big Little Man turned into a pest as he was not allowed to play with any other toys then the one allocated to him so I had it, once the annoying show ended, I packed the kids and we went home, really what a waste of a day!

No comments: