Friday, September 05, 2008

Blocks of weight and Plasma


Although a short week, I have decided to make Friday's my check-in/Weigh-in day, this way I can relax on the weekends and attempt to work off any damage throughout the rest of the week.

Now, I can gloat and admit I did lose 25 kilo's in the past but I have put on a few too many then I would have liked this year. It started at 2 extra at Christmas, then 2 more whilst on our very wet summer holidays, then another 2 to date (blaming winter, laziness and my faulty knee). So rather then talk about the kilo's I require to shift, I'm calling them blocks, such as that of the block of butter in my blog image. Now I was thinking about it last night and I'm calculating the blocks in this way based on my starting weight from Sept 1:


6.5 Blocks = Muffin
4.0 Blocks = Loose
2.0 Blocks = Good Looking
0.0 Blocks = Sexy
-3. Blocks = Too Hot


I'm excel stupid, but I'm sure I can work it out later and put a line chart with that chart to show where I am, but as of today I'm at the 4.5 block and still a "Muffin"

Damn it's hard work and why did I forget that it was hard work and get to this stage in the first place!

Okay enough on Blocks and onto Plasma. Today I donated plasma for the first time, since my first blood donation I have always donated whole blood but I wanted to give back to the community a little more and thought that plasma donations would be a nice way as I can now donate every 2 weeks (as they only take one part and not the whole blood, this is transfused back into me and thus the body does not require to make it again). I really enjoy donating, it's not all bells and whistles fun but something that makes me feel like a better human, because as they say, my blood could help save another.

2 comments:

Scooter said...

I've been donating platelets (red blood cells) for quite a while now. My company gives me 2 days of out of office time each year to donate to local charities, and they let me break it up into 2-3 hour chunks to donate at The Red Cross. But last time they messed up the needle somehow and came back with a platelet count of 13 (out of 100-something average) - so now I'm off the donation circuit for 56 days. Harsh. The woman from the Red Cross asked if they'd had to work a bit more to get the needle in - I pointed out that my tracks still itched a bit a month later, so yeah, it was undoubtedly more work to find a hose this time.

Anonymous said...

From someone who has had to have several blood transfusions, thanks. I used to donate blood until my counts got too low, I now donate money to Red Cross instead. While having my transfusions I thought about whose blood I may be getting. Maybe yours :)