Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Bookclub: The Tales of the Orori

I have been currently reading Tales of the Otori by Lian Hearn. There are 4 books in the series and I really enjoyed the books, they were recommended to me by my sister and I pass on the recommendation too!

Book 1: Across the nightingale floor
Book 2: Grass for his pillow
Book 3: Brillance of the moon
Book 4: Harsh cry of the Heron

http://www.theotori.com/

The stories are set in an imaginary ancient Japanese society dominated by warring clans, and the life journey of a boy to manhood, we see how he was saved and adopted, then he finds love and his true family origins which only seem to betray him and cause his life to turn in an unexpected way. Each book continues on with a chapter of his life, but we also met many other character's that also make the books what they are.

No comments: