Thursday, December 28, 2006

Drastic times need drastic measures

Last night was my last straw with Big Little Man, actually he must of had heaps of last straws but at 11pm last night he was wide awake and arguing with me to continue playing his DS. I was ready to just leave and was tired of telling him to go to bed, he woke the Little Man and I just lost it.

Out came the pen and note paper and a new schedule that he would have to comply with or have a very sorry life, this is what it looked like:
6am - Wake up, then exercise (walk to playground)
7am - Breakfast
8am - School Lessons
9am - Free Play
10am - Free Play
11am - Snack
12 noon -
1pm - Lunch
2pm - Exercise (bike ride)
3pm - Free Play
4pm - Free Play
5pm - Dinner
6pm - Bath and Tidy up
7pm - Quiet room time the story time
8pm - Lights out and Sleep

It was really thought out, but I wanted him to dedicate some time to lessons and away from all the electronic games, I want him outdoors more and I most of all is have him sleep at a more reasonable hour.

So it's now 7.30am and the plan has worked fairly well so far, took a bit off effort to get him up at 6am and Little Man actually got up in a better mood. Took about 20 minutes to get dressed and organised to leave the house and we all went for a walk to the playground. In total we were out for 40 minutes and home by 7am.

I got them to set the table for breakfast and then we all sat together to eat, took a zooming 10 minutes. He did 3 lines of his lessons and I would have preferred 10 minutes so may have to work on that. Decided they behaved well so they can watch TV only no games till 8am. He has been begging for his DS but I am holding strong and no DS till 8am, maybe he can start learning to read time during this time as well.

We have some cousins coming over for a play today but that shouldn't alter too much in my plans, hopefully it should help in making them tired.

Am I being a bitch waking my kids to exercise in the morning? NO just being a parent who is trying to get her kids the most out of life. I have to justify all this of course!

No comments: