Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Disheartened

Everything is getting me down lately.
* I'm having trouble losing weight I once already lost, thus meaning I gained weight when I should have known better.
* I start to get back into things and go and twist my knee and it's is driving me nuts not being able to do all the things I want.
* I have a cold that seems to never leave me 100% and come's back to haunt me on a weekly basis.
* The boys have coughs that have been around for the last 3 weeks.
* The boys don't take anything serious and I'm getting tired of going this sporting event to the next to watch my kids just do nothing, Little Man got told to stop eating his toe nails and Big Little Man had to do 20 push-ups for talking in Kung Fu yesterday, oh I just hang my head in shame, where did I go wrong to become such a hopeless parent?

The sport thing is driving me up the wall the most, we spend so much time and money on them and they just don't put any real effort. I told The Man yesterday that we could be on a holiday in Fiji right now, soaking up the sun if we saved the money we forked out on kids extra curricular activities. Do kids really need to do them? Isn't school enough?

Seriously, I feel like I could take them bike riding for and 1 hour every other day and see them having more exercise then a soccer match. I can do pilates and yoga (stretching) and teach them like the do at Kung Fu. So far after a month of class they have not learnt any self defense or discipline. I can kick a soccer ball around a field with them and miss the parent politics and the boys would actually get to have a "go" (praise the lord!)

I quit!

2 comments:

Scooter said...

I dread the day someone tells me to stop eating my toe nails.

We're discussing some of this at our house at the moment, but we're in the pre-extra curricular activities stage. What should we sign her up for, what are the criteria for stopping, what if she likes this thing, are we ok with that, what's it going to cost?

Anonymous said...

Ah I was like that as a child, not very focussed. I had music and piano lessons and gave up.

I think just taking the boys out to kick the soccer ball and do some bike riding is a great idea. Maybe when they're a bit older they will appreciate game sports more. When they're in high school I'm sure they will get back into it.

Lychee (can't remember my login details) ;)