Monday, July 07, 2008

I opened my mouth again

Yet again I couldn't keep my opinion to myself and I spoke up at a soccer match and respectively got my head bitten off. I knew I was going to get my head bitten off and was rather okay with it but then at the end of the game the assistant coach, (which proved to me that my thoughts that the coach has no balls) told the entire team off, yes the kids and then the parents about how we should not interfere with the game on the sidelines, that "coach" offers his time (his oh so precious time) to train the kids and should not be taken for granted by those people who don't come to training.

Now I was the only one who interfered so why tell off everyone? Everyone else are good little lemmings and sit back and bow down to all that coach say's, why not just reprimand me again? Fear that the masses will revolt?

Now the issue was that one little girl was on the sidelines for well over the first half, so I screamed out, "Let her play", they ignored me 3 times, so I just ignored them and told the little lady to go on the field and have fun. So by the end of the game we are all told that if you don't turn up to training to expect not to play the first half of a game - PLEASE! These are 6 year old kids, how can they get themselves to training? why punish them if their parents can't get them to training, this is not the Socceroo's! This poor little lady's parents are divorced, she is all over the place in any given week, her dad is getting re-married and he mother works late but let's not take this into consideration that she missed 1 (yes- ONE) training session and just crucify her and her mother at the match - pathetic!

I was not surprised to find out the following week that her parents have pulled her from the side, I have horrible guilt about her & her mother being blamed for some strange rule (and I have now discovered that no such rule exists) because it was my fault for bringing the subject forward that they favor certain players over others. Would I do it again? Yes absolutely but I would have defended them at the end of the game and then pulled my own son out.

We haven't pulled Big Little Man out even though he has begged to leave the team (that shows how much fun he has) as I want him to learn commitment, he made the decision to do this (we never made him, he asked to play soccer) and now must finish it, although The Man and I are very lax and if he is feeling tired and wants to miss a game here and there, no stress!

Photobucket
Take care "Little Soccer Lady" you were a great player!

No comments: