Sunday, September 30, 2007

R.I.P goldfish enter the spider?

With very sad news I have to share that our last goldfish died on Friday and as I was cleaning out the tank, Big Little announces that we should get a new pet - a spider! Big Little Man seems to be obsessed with spiders at the moment, all his school work has stories about spiders and pictures of them too. At a recent fun night at Little Man's pre-school they got there face painted:


Red Backs of all spiders! As spring has sprung our back yard with every nook and cranny seems to have a Red Back living there, sensibly Big Little Man agreed that a Red Back wouldn't make a good pet as it so small (the venomous part doesn't seem to bother him) and when he was head first in the garden yesterday he told me he was looking for a Funnel web - help me! He really wants a Tarantula:

I've tried explaining that Tarantula's do not live in Australia (and we have enough scary spiders) and that they are US citizens but my well informed son knows that we can fly to the US so it should not be problem in obtaining one.

Hmmm

To Big Little Man From Mum - NO WAY BUDDY!

1 comment:

Scooter said...

Um. Ish. Why not a scorpion, or a centipede. Yuck and double yuck. I like small furry mammals myself, with the exception of the platypus which is poisonous.