Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Diet baking?

Is it even possible?

The following biscuit/cookie is a Mauritian sweet, it was something that my grandmother made and only on special occasions and they are just melt in your mouth butter YUM. The reason that they are melt in your mouth butter is because they are 70% butter. Traditionally they are iced pink, but as I have males in my house who refuse to eat anything iced pink, I had to ice a few plain. They are relatively easy to make, but as with most pastries it took forever to have the final product.

Find the recipe here: Napolitaines

Napolitaines:

Now the following is a diet sweet treat that I made as I'm trying to shed a few kilo's before our breach holiday in March and were having guests coming over. In essence it is just a huge scone cut up, rolled with sugar, cinnamon and sultana's. I found it dry and very unappealing, something I am very unlikely to make again, but my guests loved it... I still don't like it. Recipe taken from A.Sym "Symply Too Good to be True" Book 3 pg 64

Fruit Scone Rolls


No comments: