Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I hate buttons and other thoughts

I love digital scrapping, I don't do it that much, it's a bit like my beading and knitting, but when I do it I really get into it and enjoy it. Today I discovered that I hate "button" embellishments, I have tried and tried to make them work in my layouts and I just don't like the way it looks. I've looked at other peoples layouts and quick pages that use buttons and they all look great, but once I try and use one, yuck! I'm not ready to delete them from my hard drive, they surely may come in handy one day for that right picture but for now, I just hate them.

Another reason that I like to scrap is it feels rather personal and affectionate. I have not shown many of my pieces to those the pictures incorporate so they wouldn't know or care, but when I chose a photo it really makes me think of that person and the papers and elements that would suit them, that reflect them...oh I'm so deep LOL! But take these two I did for my parents, I really tried to capture colours I knew they would like, that suited their personality. I have some lovely glitter kits but they just wouldn't suit my dad and the kit I used was from a French designer, even though we are not French although our heritage stems from there, I think the colours are really him. Whatever, I'm raving on... I did my mothers one quickly and without hesitation (maybe as we are so close), but I have been working and looking for the exact right kit for my dad so it have been in the making for a couple of weeks.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Credits: "Terre d'Argile" Kit by Scrap-shop.fr

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Credits: Heavenly Scraps - Chris Young

3 comments:

abc said...

Oh I love both the layouts! They are just wonderful. I think my favourite is the one with your Dad. I know what you mean about buttons - notice I haven't used them either? I just don't seem to make them fit in right. We obviously are both lacking button talent. I'm so like you - the beading is great but very part time, and I'm wishing I made something for my mother and sister but time was not my friend coming up to Christmas. I do enjoy it. and I love wearing what I have made. The digital scrapbooking is also something I enjoy but again - part time. I think thats ok though - we have both learned tow new skills and hobbies that we can take up a notch at anytime we feel like it. Thats pretty cool really, dontcha think? Happy New Year!

Scooter said...

You've been gone a while - hope it's a vacation or something fun!

Scooter said...

Did you move?